Friday, September 17, 2010

My iPod Collection

The first iPod I got was an iPod Mini 2nd Generation Green (4GB)

Who knew (maybe everyone who knows me, since hardly any electronics lasts longer in my hands for 3 months) that I would 'break' it very soon. At least it lasted longer than 3 months, it survived for 4.

Long story short is it went in the dryer. All the rims (top and bottom) were smooth and rounded off. One could buy the battery changing set and use the tools to take the cover off and change the battery if theirs was normal but mine was 'dryered' so it wouldn't be possible without breaking the cover and what use would it be since it was probably over heated in the dryer and burnt/melted something inside.

It could still be 'turned on', it showed an unhappy apple iPod and some sign about software not working (don't remember exactly) but it could still turn on.

I guess I have to praise Apple for 'fixing' it. The next summer I went to one of the repair stores to fix it. I'm glad they didn't ask why the rims were all rounded/smoothed (=P) and they could still fix it because iPod Minis have been extinct after that summer. They 'fixed' it so even now I can still use it if I really wanted to but I am guessing that they used the old hardwares that still worked on my 'old' Mini and gave it a new green cover or they just gave me another used/refurbished one because the battery life isn't as good as before. At least from then on I didn't have any other 'accidents' with it but of course the following years I didn't really use it as much.
It works great when I am driving, since I don't need to look at it.

In between I had the 4th Generation(?) (20GB, White) and 5th Generation(30GB, White)+(30GB, Black) iPod or iPod Classic as they call it now. They were all for a short amount of time because they break down easily. I used it for storage and possibly because of my semi-broken USB cable, it got 'unplugged' when it was not suppose to. I always had to reformat it and the files saved onto the iPod were erased all the time. I used it as storage rather than listening to music and crashing my files was not good. I even burnt/fried the hard disk so formatting wasn't any good. They broke very easily in my hands.
The last iPod Classic I got was a 6th Generation 80GB Black iPod, it is is now lost... or maybe stolen so no iPod Classics left for me.

If they didn't break down, they were lost (or maybe stolen). I lived in a dorm and even locking my room does not help...

Other than iPod and iPod Mini, I played with an iPod Nano (1st gen, 1GB, white) before. It was a gift from the bank. My mother uses it the most. She keeps on saying it doesn't work for some reason, but it works fine in my hands.

iPod Shuffle is one of the weirder ones in the iPod line. Why would someone buy something that doesn't even have a screen to tell you what the song name is but they have been out for 5 years. I bet there are cheaper mp3 players out there with a screen. Recently a 2nd gen, 1 GB, Silver, appeared at home and since my mom said the iPod Nano doens't work she uses this one now.

Last but definitely not least iPod Touch/iPhone

I remember researching and looking on the internet about it when it just came out. I wanted it pretty darn bad. I looked at both iPod Touches and iPhones and I wanted the iPhone more.
Since there was a contract I got the iPod Touch (1st Gen, 8GB) instead. Not too long after I got it, it was lost/stolen so I got another one.

Wasn't long until I got the 2nd iPod Touch to replace the 1st one, I got my 3rd one. It came with the MacBook I bought with the back to school promotion. A promotion so Apple can clear some storage and bring in new products during September.

Soon the iPod Touch 4th generation will be a part of this iPod collection I have.
I bought it because there is a camera(+ video). I like taking pictures and sometimes caring a camera, even if it is a point to shoot isn't that convient. Plus I don't have a good point and shoot. If I wanted to take good pictures I could use my DSLR.
It is just for random snap shots here and there so I don't think it will be a problem.



No comments:

Post a Comment